More About the GED® Test*
The 2014 GED® test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers. The four subjects are Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning Through Language Arts. After you pass the GED® test, your diploma or credential will be issued by your state but you’ll receive a GED® transcript to apply to college, start training, or get a better job.
GED® Test Subjects
- The ability to read closely
- The ability to write clearly
- The ability to edit and understand the use of standard written English in context
- Quantitative problem solving (45%)
- Algebraic problem solving (55%)
†Athens Tech will provide a handheld TI-30XS calculator for you to use during the test.
- Life science (40%)
- Physical science (40%)
- Earth and space science (20%)
- Civics and government (50%)
- United States history (20%)
- Economics (15%)
- Geography and the world (15%)